"Come near to God, and God will come near to you". James 4:8

About Me

My photo
New York, United States
Designing and creating this sweet sensations are my passion and one that I hope to share with you. What gives me the most pleasure after finishing a cake or one of my creations? Simple, watching people's face light up when they see it. Well I love to be creative, and try something new. That's why I decide to start this blog so you can follow all my work and my creations, sometimes step by step and sometimes things that may not work out. Well I am not a Pro and never went to baking school (at least yet). I hope you feel inspire by my projects and feel free to give me any tips or suggestions.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A piece of a cake!














Today I’m going to share my first cake experience.

I always love making desserts, baking and my favorite thing decorate cakes. Since I left the coffee shop (where I used to bake cupcakes and a few cakes), I completely stop baking so after almost 2 years I start to think about starting baking again. A friend's birthday was in the way so I guess that was a perfect time.

I wanted to make something that I hadn't made before, something that used both fruit and fresh whipped cream. This cake seemed like the answer. It is a simple sponge cake that my mom used to make for us, but just simple and different toppings.

After baking 2 round 10" cakes I start working on the filling, I simply used some left over bittersweet chocolate and cooked with 1 can of condensed milk. (It's out of this world) in Brazil this is call "brigadeiro. After I sandwich my cake with the brigadeiro I prepared the topping. Simple, fast and delicious. I use 2 cups of heavy cream and 2 spoons of sugar, just mix altogether until reach a nice and firm peak. Make sure to stop once the peaks form because other wise the mixture will turn into butter.

I frosted the cake with the fresh whipped cream, cut some beautiful strawberries and decorate with mini dark chocolate chips.

A piece of cake to make. Simple, delicious and elegant.

No comments:

Post a Comment